Solicitors in immigration law

General information about immigrating from Mainland China

The Capital Investment Entrant Scheme ("CIES"), a scheme introduced by the Hong Kong SAR Government to provide individuals and their family members the opportunity to acquire right of residency in Hong Kong through permissible investments in Hong Kong.

This scheme is gaining more and more popularity among wealthy individuals from Mainland China, who wish to obtain Hong Kong resident status that gives them more flexibility for staying in Hong Kong and managing their funds in global investments.

This scheme applies to foreign nationals (except nationals of Afghanistan, Albania, Cuba, and the Democratic People's Republic of Korea), Macau SAR residents, Taiwan residents and Chinese nationals. In the case of Chinese applicants however, they are required to first obtain permanent resident status in a foreign country. For applicants who do not already have one, we can assist them in obtaining such status, for example, permanent resident status of Gambia (a small nation on the west coast of Africa).

Besides immigration into Hong Kong under the CIES, other things to consider regarding inbound immigration matters include:

  • Employment visa
  • Visa to enter Hong Kong for investment (to establish/join in business) under the
  • General Employment Policy
  • Admission Scheme for Mainland Talents and Professional